Con Amore

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Con Amore

A music based, slice of life, romance visual novel.

4 posters

My trip to Italy last month. (Slight rant.)

WolfHunner
    WolfHunner

My trip to Italy last month. (Slight rant.) Empty My trip to Italy last month. (Slight rant.)

Post  WolfHunner Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:01 pm

I actually went to Italy last month for 2 weeks. I think this would a good time to express my experience to give you guys a idea about there. My family and I lived in a hotel near Rome for 2 weeks.

First off there is a lot of American influence there. (The music you hear on the radio is the same you hear in the United States, A lot of american clothing companies in the US are in Italy like Nike in fact there were tons of "United States flags" and "I luv NY" on shirts in stores.)That is something I like to tell ya.

Rant mode on:

So first night in Italy. Where should I start? Let's start with the taxi drivers. They're scumbags. They tell us 5 Euros each, our destination would add up to around 50 euros. But when we got off to our destination he demanded 135 euros total for 10 euros per luggage. My dad pays up. There was another taxi driver we had in Florence but that is a different story.

My mom had enough American Express points to afford this hotel. So what the hey right? She's a loyal member. Took a long walk to our room in the middle of the night, huge black German Shepard wakes up in a farm we were walking pass. It barked and tried to chase us even though we are behind a fence.
    We get to the area of the room and you should have seen the place. It wasn't Italy, It looked like backwoods Alabama! Trailers parked, tents pitched, cabins. "Mom I thought we were going to Italy not Alabama." says my little brother. The cabin was so small and packed like a dorm for two people.

Air conditioning was pretty bad. Little to no walking space and the door is fucked. Moving along my mom demanded to get her passport back from the guys at the desk to get out of here(They have to take our passports for unknown reasons whenever you check in.) But no they hold our passports hostage till we check out in the morning, but there still charging us.

We woke up to check out, but we had to get out as soon as possible or he'll charge us more.

So finally we go to a different hotel and we have very little Euros on us. Almost everywhere we go don't take American Express cards even though American Express advertises how you can travel anywhere with it's card, welp no. Most places take straight cash instead of credit cards anyway. But American Express service in Italy was straight up bad; there was only 1 phone, 2 lines and a very long wait for service.

We almost got robbed twice and the people are just rude no matter if you were in Rome or Florence. I mean there were a few nice people like the hotel manager in the new hotel we stayed at and another taxi driver that reminded me of George from Rush Hour 3.

The only thing I liked about Italy was how I got to catch up with the Missing Stars forums due to time zones. Every day of through 2 weeks was something bad. They gave me a burger at McDonalds with nothing but the meat for christ sakes.

I kissed the ground as soon as I got back to New Jersey.

Well that's all I wanted to say. And that was the first rant i've typed on my trip to Italy. I jsut had to let the steam out. Cool
    Waytfm
    Waytfm
    Admin

My trip to Italy last month. (Slight rant.) Empty Re: My trip to Italy last month. (Slight rant.)

Post  Waytfm Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:10 pm

I'm sorry you had such a bad time of it. It sounds like you just got shit on by bad luck the entire time.
    WolfHunner
    WolfHunner

My trip to Italy last month. (Slight rant.) Empty Re: My trip to Italy last month. (Slight rant.)

Post  WolfHunner Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:28 pm

Waytfm wrote:I'm sorry you had such a bad time of it. It sounds like you just got shit on by bad luck the entire time.
    Absolutely
    MrBackpack
    MrBackpack

Post  MrBackpack Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:52 pm

I HATED Italy the one time I was there.

I am never going back.
    Waytfm
    Waytfm
    Admin

Post  Waytfm Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:15 pm

That might make writing a VN set in Italy a little awkward.
    MrBackpack
    MrBackpack

Post  MrBackpack Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:48 pm

Waytfm wrote:That might make writing a VN set in Italy a little awkward.

nah, fantasy vs reality.
    WolfHunner
    WolfHunner

Post  WolfHunner Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:44 pm

nah, fantasy vs reality.[/quote]

It's funny though. Cause I thought of Italy as this rich exotic place. Everyone dresses in nice clothes, driving sport cars and everyone is healthy.

I'n reality people are driving mini coopers, hybrids and mini cars and people dress how they would in the US.
    Zarich
    Zarich

Post  Zarich Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:19 pm

WolfHunner wrote:
    It's funny though. Cause I thought of Italy as this rich exotic place. Everyone dresses in nice clothes, driving sport cars and everyone is healthy.

I'n reality people are driving mini coopers, hybrids and mini cars and people dress how they would in the US.

Prepare to be disappointed with the world and your expectations.

But If I ever see one smartcars internationally, I"m gonna be flipping some cars over.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:44 am