Con Amore

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Con Amore

A music based, slice of life, romance visual novel.

+5
CaptainErsatz
notop
MrBackpack
Zarich
Waytfm
9 posters

Stuff to keep you Entertained

Zarich
    Zarich

Stuff to keep you Entertained - Page 2 Empty Re: Stuff to keep you Entertained

Post  Zarich Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:26 pm

Waytfm wrote:I use scanlations for most stuff. It's fairly hard to actually buy manga where I'm from,and I'm broke,so scanlations are really my only option for reading most manga.

I usually use the scanlations, but if there are some manga out there that I can buy, like Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei or Omamori Himari, I'll buy it. I usually have up all the change I get some errands buying stuff for my parents. Which reminds me, I still have to get the other two volumes of Another. Buying manga in Japanese that I can barely read. *shrugs*, it is good to have something physical.
    Waytfm
    Waytfm
    Admin

Post  Waytfm Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:27 pm

I agree. I love actually having a book to read.
    Zarich
    Zarich

Post  Zarich Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:32 pm

The reason I don't like Ebooks, I'd rather have paper to touch. I only use an Ipad for manga cus it is portable.
    notop
    notop

Post  notop Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:19 pm

Zarich wrote:The reason I don't like Ebooks, I'd rather have paper to touch. I only use an Ipad for manga cus it is portable.
    I personally hate Ebooks... Reminds me too much of Fahrenheit 451. Haha. And I'll have to start reading some when I have time. I'll probably pick it up over the summer when I'll have nothing to do.
    Zarich
    Zarich

Post  Zarich Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:44 pm

notop wrote:
    Zarich wrote:The reason I don't like Ebooks, I'd rather have paper to touch. I only use an Ipad for manga cus it is portable.
    I personally hate Ebooks... Reminds me too much of Fahrenheit 451. Haha. And I'll have to start reading some when I have time. I'll probably pick it up over the summer when I'll have nothing to do.

Speaking of Fahrenheit 451, Ray Bradbury's grandson was in my mighschool. teddy. Boy he was a total Limp Prock/Asshole. Fun to mess with, even if he was two years older then me and my friends.
    Waytfm
    Waytfm
    Admin

Post  Waytfm Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:50 pm

On one hand, that's absolutely awesome, on the other, my meager faith in humanity is now gone.
    notop
    notop

Post  notop Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:54 pm

Zarich wrote:Speaking of Fahrenheit 451, Ray Bradbury's grandson was in my mighschool. teddy. Boy he was a total Limp Prock/Asshole. Fun to mess with, even if he was two years older then me and my friends.
    This is depressing. Very much so.

On the bright side, YAY PEOPLE! I've been sitting on here for a couple of hours waiting on someone to show up! XD

On the down side, I have to go to sleep. Q.Q
    I need mental function for tomorrow.
    Zarich
    Zarich

Post  Zarich Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:55 pm

Lol. I had four hours of martial arts practice, from four to eigth. Just got back and now having dinner.
    MrBackpack
    MrBackpack

Post  MrBackpack Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:15 am

I totally forgot that I had all of 'Outlaw Star' downloaded

Fuck yeah!!!
    Zarich
    Zarich

Post  Zarich Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:30 pm

For people in the latest anime seasons and stuff here are three to recommend.

Sankrarea - Horror RomCom, Based of one off my favorite mangas. Recommended

Tasogare Otome X Amnesia - Ghost/Supernatural/Horror/Mystery Romance. Based off one of my favorite mangas, recommended

Nazo no Kanojo X- I explained this already on the first page.
    CaptainErsatz
    CaptainErsatz

Post  CaptainErsatz Thu May 10, 2012 12:20 am

I've watched over 350+ anime series and I'm pretty much the anime pro. Don't f*ckin step 2 me or u will get fu*kin wrecked, bro.

In all seriousness though, I'm sitting next to my bookshelf of anime and I just might vomit from all the bad series that are on here. But I keep them there. For laughs.

Also all of you should watch Nichijou, it's great.
    notop
    notop

Post  notop Thu May 10, 2012 2:23 pm

Fooly Cooly. Just saying.
    Waytfm
    Waytfm
    Admin

Post  Waytfm Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:27 pm

http://www.mangareader.net/1462/shinigami-sama-ni-saigo-no-onegai-wo.html

So, I just found this today. I've only really started it, but my mind has been fucked so many times, it's scary. I haven't finished it, so I can't really judge, but so far, it's been interesting.
    Zarich
    Zarich

Post  Zarich Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:16 pm

Oh yeah, i found out about that one like Years ago. Shame there hasnt been any new chapters since forever

Except for that new chapter that came out today (edit)
    Waytfm
    Waytfm
    Admin

Post  Waytfm Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:34 pm

I got 3 or 4 chapters in, and I realized I was just going between pity and "what the fuck? Why?"
    Zarich
    Zarich

Post  Zarich Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:35 pm

Just wait till you get to the middle, it gets awesome
    turbulentDuvet
    turbulentDuvet

Post  turbulentDuvet Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:05 am

I discovered this stuff years ago when I was watching bubblegum crash <3

A very cool fanfic collection by Bert Van-Vliet.

http://www.bgcrisis.com/ <-- main site.

http://www.bgcrisis.com/zone/index.html <-- the fanfic and other cool stuff.
    Zarich
    Zarich

Post  Zarich Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:16 am

Im a big listener of Online Radio Shows/podcasts. Here are the two I listen to every week (the ones posted are archive episodes)

Radiodrome: Talks about the movie industry and old movies: http://www.nightwatchuniverse.com/Radiodrome1/RadioDrome%20Episode-63.mp3

Lost in the Static: Talks about Society from the past (70s) to current day: http://www.nightwatchuniverse.com/static1/Lost%20In%20The%20Static%20088.mp3

Oh yeah, Im also watching Mission Impossible:Ghost Protocol. Fun fact. I'm friends and went to middle school with the director's son, Nick Bird.
    Waytfm
    Waytfm
    Admin

Post  Waytfm Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:24 pm

http://www.sembeo.com/media/Matrix.swf

Just recently found this. I think I'm in love Surprised
    TheCynic
    TheCynic

Post  TheCynic Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:05 am

Waytfm wrote:http://www.sembeo.com/media/Matrix.swf

Just recently found this. I think I'm in love Surprised

I see what you mean O.O

It's addictive Razz

Maybe we could integrate it into CA somehow Razz
    Ravenous
    Ravenous

Post  Ravenous Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:15 am

The secret is that it is all pentatonic. The major pentatonic scale tends to mesh well with anything.
    jarek56

Post  jarek56 Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:52 pm

Here's a few damn good fanfics I've read:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5834947/1/Aeon_Entelechy_Evangelion

(Neon Genesis Evangelion/Cthulhutech RPG cross over-Wierd anime with damn good tabletop game)

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3654039/1/Tiberium-Wars

(Hands down, one of the BEST fanfics I have EVER read about ANYTHING. A C&C 3 fanfic, which is a incredible game that many RTSs should be judged by. The guy writing this is absolute gold. The one in a million fanfic author who is far better at what he writes than the official novelization, which I purchased, ever could be.)

Meanwhile, here's a few really cool/interesting Youtube LP's or recordings that I like, including channels:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ2rhoUi1Bo&noredirect=1

(By a guy named PrinceofMacedon, he is an arrogant, self-centered prick, and is also the finest player of the Total War series, by far, that I have ever seen. His annoying ego aside, he's an incredible resource for how to play the tactical side of the game and makes excellent recordings of multiplayer games. He has over 2000 Rome Total War recordings I think, and dozens of Empire and Medieval 2 recordings. He's entertaining as hell. )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5z40IADwws

(The only man who records Dune 2000 games that I have ever seen. No commentary, just pointless, 20min+ battles of win and awesome. Fun to watch, not too hard on download times, and he has over 100 videos I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of. And does many other games, but I haven't looked at those)

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?442845-In-defense-of-Freedom-a-USA-Kaiserreich-AAR

(One of the Coolest and most entertaining AARs of any game I have ever read. It's about a Hearts of Iron 2 mod known as Kaiserreich. I've never played the game. No novel style, he just commentates on what he does each turn, is cool and in the spirit of things, and provides HUNDREDS of pictures giving a real feel and style to what you should be thinking about when reading it. LOTS AND LOTS of in game screen shots. Long, over 70 forum pages.)

And yes, when not haunting the forums of Indie VNs, this is indeed what I do in my spare time. Comb the dusty halls of TvTropes for anything that looks even remotely interesting, illegally download it or find it in the internet, and enjoy it. Call me a lurker, 'cause it's what I most certainly am.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:24 am