Con Amore

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Con Amore

A music based, slice of life, romance visual novel.

5 posters

Project status

tnnn

Project status Empty Project status

Post  tnnn Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:23 pm

Heya,

I might be interested in helping*, but I'd like to know a little more about your team and ideas first. So, three short questions:

1. How many people are already working on the project (and how much time are they willing to spend working on it)?
    2. With your team as it is now, would you be able to produce something (be it story, art or music) that would make other people interested in joining/supporting you?
    3. Are you planning to use RenPy or any other VN frameworks?

*As for my ability to help - I'm a software developer/engineer, so I should be able to help with both coding and pulling 'all the stuff' together and making it work (+ I can provide all the necessary technical infrastructure).
    notop
    notop

Project status Empty Re: Project status

Post  notop Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:37 pm

I'll go ahead and take a swing at this one, even though I'm sure Waytfm would be a better speaker for us.

1. As of right now there are six devs: all of us are technically writers, Waytfm as the group leader, and LovelyLittleLark is our official artist.
    All of us frequent the boards, and we're all putting in effort for whatever ideas we're having.

2. It is possible. There are some things in the work. I talked to LLL today, and she said it was coming along. (Though, she also made the comment that she's terrible, so I imagine she's going for a perfectionist's approach, as is her personality).

3. I would imagine RenPy, but that's up to Waytfm and the techies. I just write stuff.

Hope I'm not overstepping anything be doing this. Like I said, all I do is write. Razz
    Zarich
    Zarich

Post  Zarich Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:43 pm

So much for me messaging Waytfm to making the first response. *shrugs*

I will just answer in terms about how much time I'm willing to spend on the project. My day is a 20 hour day, from 6AM-4AM the next day. When I don't have school or homework, I spend time writing so that is about 10 hours of writing straight from book projects, my personal VN project and now this one. I have tons of free-time, hell, really I'm already done of thinking of full paths for just about half of the characters I created that is in the pile for being chosen. As is, I could write paths for three characters as once, I would just need an assistant. *shrugs*

My answer for Part 2 of Question 1.
    Waytfm
    Waytfm
    Admin

Post  Waytfm Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:52 pm

Thanks for your interest Smile

This is a fairly new project, so we're still in the brainstorming process. We have five writers and one artist currently. One writer is currently undecided about whether or not he has the time to dedicate himself to this project, but the rest of us are dedicated to the project. Several of our writers have experience with music and composition, as well, and might be able to work on that front if it becomes necessary. I, for one, am willing to work as much as I can to finish this project, and I know the writers have enough free time (they hang around the forums enough) to get something solid fairly quickly.

I believe with the writers we have now, we'd be able to put out a very good story. I haven't seen enough of our composition abilities to judge music though, and with one artist, I can't judge artwork. All in all, I believe we'd be able to put out an interesting, compelling story, at the least.

As for the framework and coding, there hasn't been much thought given to that. Like I said, we're fairly new, so most of our efforts have been put into brainstorming and recruiting. As far as I know, none of our team has enough experience to make a sound judgment on that front. I had assumed we'd use RenPy, but that's by no means an absolute. Your opinion would definitely carry a lot of weight in those decisions.

Honestly, there's probably not a lot for a programming needed right now. However, if you were to apply, your help with brainstorming would be welcome. We'd still be more than happy to accept a programmer now.

Any other questions?

EDIT: Jeez people, two responses in the time it took me to type this. Like I said, our writers spend a lot of time on here Razz
    Zarich
    Zarich

Post  Zarich Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:56 pm

Psh, you're just a slow typist. Xp.

On an aside, since I'm not that familiar with VNs, only playing a couple. It would be cool to see other programs that are other than Ren'py. Just to see the differences. I'm a stickler for Complete customization.

on a Side note: 400 posts. Damn I talk a lot.
    notop
    notop

Post  notop Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:01 pm

Like I said, a much better response. Razz

Waytfm wrote:they hang around the forums enough
    And it's true... We has no lives...

I agree with Zarich, you just type slowly. And it would be cool to see things other than RenPy, since I have little experience with VNs outside of it.
    (I like customization too.)
    Exbo
    Exbo

Post  Exbo Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:16 pm

Well, I'm an avid follower.
    So far, I've only seen Waytfm, Zarich, MrBackpack and Notop speaking on the forums, but I believe you have your questions answered.
    Anyway, welcome.
    Zarich
    Zarich

Post  Zarich Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:22 pm

notop wrote:

You're talking to the guy who avoids any type of relationship because it would hinder his time watching anime. *shrugs* I agree, we have no lives
    notop
    notop

Post  notop Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:26 pm

Zarich wrote:
    notop wrote:

You're talking to the guy who avoids any type of relationship because it would hinder his time watching anime. *shrugs* I agree, we have no lives
    I... You... What?
    Zarich
    Zarich

Post  Zarich Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:27 pm

notop wrote:
    Zarich wrote:
    notop wrote:

I... You... What?

Fine fine fine. I have a Negative life. I don't just have no life, I have negative life
    tnnn

Post  tnnn Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:53 pm

You are a little scary you know... ;P

Anyways - nope, no more questions at the moment. I guess I will apply then.

Despite the fact that I do have a life (or at least a nice job, which is a good start), I should have enough time to help
    I usually work with enterprise java, but I do have some (nope, not just 'Hello world!') experience with python, which should make RenPy more customizable if a need arises. I don't have much experience with other VN frameworks (even my RenPy knowledge is just superficial) but I can look into them in my spare time and provide some highlights.

Is there anything specific what would you like to know more about?
    Zarich
    Zarich

Post  Zarich Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:59 pm

tnnn wrote:You are a little scary you know... ;P

Is there anything specific what would you like to know more about?

Yeah I know, Imagine Sadako of the Ring series as a guy (death glare and everything), with a technical death metal or Blackened Death Metal band shirt (ex, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Behemoth). You got me.

I have no other questions, but maybe Waytfm does
    notop
    notop

Post  notop Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:01 pm

*facepalm @ Zarich*

I only ever did a "Hello world!", so you're doing much better than me. Razz

But I have no further question at this time. I look forward to seeing your application. Very Happy
    Waytfm
    Waytfm
    Admin

Post  Waytfm Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:49 pm

My coding experiance is limited to a one semester course in java, so there's not a whole lot I could ask you. By all means though, feel free to apply. We'd be delighted.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:32 am