Con Amore

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Con Amore

A music based, slice of life, romance visual novel.

4 posters

Katawa Shoujo

Waytfm
    Waytfm
    Admin

Katawa Shoujo Empty Katawa Shoujo

Post  Waytfm Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:45 pm

So, I've decided to go for another play-through of KS. Any suggestions as to which route to do. I'm thinking either Lilly's or Hanako's.

Anyways I'll probably be spewing about my feels in this thread. Have fun putting up with that.

And apparently, my spewing starts now. I've just opened it up the the start screen. Wiosna is playing, and I'm just looking at all the sketches that show up after you start an new act.

My nostalgia-feels are immense. This is the reaction I want Con Amore to invoke. This is the goal I'm striving to meet and surpass.... God, that's going to take some doing... But for now, Adventure awaits.
    Waytfm
    Waytfm
    Admin

Katawa Shoujo Empty Re: Katawa Shoujo

Post  Waytfm Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:50 pm

One thing I'm really really noticing is how you really have to break up the writing into small chunks to get it to work with the VN format. That's something I'll have to keep in mind.
    MrBackpack
    MrBackpack

Post  MrBackpack Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:07 am

Waytfm wrote:One thing I'm really really noticing is how you really have to break up the writing into small chunks to get it to work with the VN format. That's something I'll have to keep in mind.

Yup

There was a point in time where I started to write out a novelized version of KS. It astounded me as to how much I had to add to it to get it to a readable level.
    Waytfm
    Waytfm
    Admin

Post  Waytfm Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:14 am

I was rather surprised. I only really started writing after it came out, so my first run throughs were as a reader, not a writer. Now, it's pretty shocking. I highly recommend all of us writers take a look and try to figure out how to accommodate the new format.
    Waytfm
    Waytfm
    Admin

Post  Waytfm Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:27 pm

More spewing about feels.

I didn't do a lot of KS last night. It was getting late and I was exhausted, so I'm still on act 1. In fact I just got done with the first rooftop lunch scene with Emi and Rin. All the feels man.

I'm still planning on a Hanako route this time, but I feel guilty. My very first playthrough was a Emi-good ending. I know Emi's route is considered one of the best routes, but she's definitely my favorite... She's fun and playful and happy and I simply love it to death. After first finishing her route, I didn't even want to play KS again. Ever. I couldn't help but feel that playing another route would be betrayal of my much-beloved collection of 1's and 0's. It took a few days for that feeling to die down enough for me to continue. Every time I have to pick the "take it easy" option when running, it breaks my heart a little more. I cried when I played through her bad ending for completeness sake. I'm tearing up just thinking about it.

Sigh, I'm still planning on a Hanako playthrough, but it's very reluctant right now.

Waytfm
    Waytfm
    Admin

Post  Waytfm Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:58 pm

Hanako's birthday party = all the feels, ever

I'd forgotten just how beautiful this route really is. The artwork is absolutely awe-inspiring. It conveys so much emotion. I really think its the cg's that really shape the emotion of the scene.

Katawa Shoujo Youre_breakin_my_heart_girl

Katawa Shoujo Poor_thing_-

That one, combined with the writing, is a masterpiece.

Katawa Shoujo Birthday2

And this one has to be my favorite of hers. It doesn't need any writing at all to support it. It's beautiful.

And those are just a few I've run across so far in this play through. She has a lot more really great ones.
    MrBackpack
    MrBackpack

Post  MrBackpack Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:20 pm

Waytfm wrote:Hanako's birthday party = all the feels, ever

Lily's bad ending had me crying like a baby
    Waytfm
    Waytfm
    Admin

Post  Waytfm Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:24 pm

It was that way with Emi's. I started this play through with the intent of getting hanako's bad ending for the first time, but I'm afraid now... I don't know if my heart can take it.
    Waytfm
    Waytfm
    Admin

Post  Waytfm Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:00 am

Finished Hanako's route.
    Got good ending.
    Not even the first time getting her good ending.
    Still cried like a little bitch.
    All the feels.

And with that, I am emotionally drained.
    MrBackpack
    MrBackpack

Post  MrBackpack Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:10 am

Waytfm wrote:Finished Hanako's route.
    Got good ending.
    Not even the first time getting her good ending.
    Still cried like a little bitch.
    All the feels.

And with that, I am emotionally drained.

go back and play Lilly...

Sorry, if you can't tell, Hanako, while cute, didn't really do anything for me.
    Waytfm
    Waytfm
    Admin

Post  Waytfm Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:33 am

I'll probably do Emi's next, and then I'll probably do Lilly's.
    turbulentDuvet
    turbulentDuvet

Post  turbulentDuvet Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:58 am

Emi good ending was my first, and that hooked me to the game. I played Rin, Hanako, Lilly and then finished with Shizune.

So many different things I felt, and I played all the endings eventually, playing Lillysroute gain because I <3 it. I like Rin's too.

But yeah, KS is an emotional rollercoaster. And masterfully done.
    notop
    notop

Post  notop Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:49 pm

Waytfm wrote:It was that way with Emi's. I started this play through with the intent of getting hanako's bad ending for the first time, but I'm afraid now... I don't know if my heart can take it.

I know that feeling. I've still yet to go back for fear of this.
    Katawa Shoujo Roflbo10

MrBackpack wrote:Sorry, if you can't tell, Hanako, while cute, didn't really do anything for me.

But... But Backpack! Hanako luvs yuuu!
    Katawa Shoujo Hanako_snuggles_against_rainbow_dash_by_intothecaramelfrappe-d4nsh3k

EDIT: Hanako was my first favorite. Then Lilly soon followed. I'm really looking forward to Rin. It just hurts to not want to go to the Library every time I play. I'm gonna go Emi > Rin > Shizune. I expect Rin to be my favorite. She's hilarious.
    MrBackpack
    MrBackpack

Post  MrBackpack Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:23 am

notop wrote:
    EDIT: Hanako was my first favorite. Then Lilly soon followed. I'm really looking forward to Rin. It just hurts to not want to go to the Library every time I play. I'm gonna go Emi > Rin > Shizune. I expect Rin to be my favorite. She's hilarious.

I still don't know what people see in Rin, I hated that route.
    Waytfm
    Waytfm
    Admin

Post  Waytfm Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:25 am

I understand that feeling notop. Every time I don't "go for it" when running with Emi, I die a little.

As for Rin, it wasn't my favorite route by far. Lilly, Hanako, and Emi all beat it out for me. That being said, I can tell that's completely subjective. Rin's route is masterfullly done, and I can easily see why it would tend to tie with Lilly and Hanako for best route, from what I've seen anyways. It has powerful themes, that speak to a lot of people, just not me or backpack, it would seem.
    MrBackpack
    MrBackpack

Post  MrBackpack Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:01 am

Waytfm wrote:Rin's route is masterfullly done, and I can easily see why it would tend to tie with Lilly and Hanako for best route, from what I've seen anyways. It has powerful themes.

I cannot even agree with that.

I tried to be open minded about it and just say "different strokes for different folks," but after replaying it, trying to see what everyone else sees in it, I can't. It feels hollow, dissapointing and kind of outside of the rest of the VN, not up to the same level of quality the rest had.

Hell, I like Shizune more than I like Rin.
    notop
    notop

Post  notop Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:18 am

MrBackpack wrote:Hell, I like Shizune more than I like Rin.
    Da fuq?
    But if you look at the map of Rin's route, it's so complex. It's a programmer's nightmare. And from what I've seen in Act 1, Rin seems humorous. I'm sure after a while it gets really old. And I've also heard her route is dark. At least some parts of it. Dunno how true it is, but eh.
    MrBackpack
    MrBackpack

Post  MrBackpack Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:16 am

notop wrote:
    MrBackpack wrote:Hell, I like Shizune more than I like Rin.
    Da fuq?
    But if you look at the map of Rin's route, it's so complex. It's a programmer's nightmare. And from what I've seen in Act 1, Rin seems humorous. I'm sure after a while it gets really old. And I've also heard her route is dark. At least some parts of it. Dunno how true it is, but eh.

yeah its dark and all 'teen angst'

The only funny parts of Rin's route are the parts before you actually get into her route.
    notop
    notop

Post  notop Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:52 pm

Maybe that's why it's so depressing.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:40 am