Con Amore

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Con Amore

A music based, slice of life, romance visual novel.

+13
Rage
TheCynic
undefinedyuuki
scopedknife
ILY
Tom Lyon
turbulentDuvet
CaptainErsatz
Exbo
Zarich
notop
MrBackpack
Waytfm
17 posters

Introduce Yourselves!

Waytfm
    Waytfm
    Admin

Introduce Yourselves! Empty Introduce Yourselves!

Post  Waytfm Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:33 pm

So, to kick off the introduction thread, I'm Waytfm and I guess I'm the conductor to this orchestra. I started Con Amore after Zarich posted an idea for a music based Visual Novel on some different forums. I took his original idea as inspiration and started this project. I play (using the word play in the loosest of senses) a few instruments, mostly guitar and trombone. I do love music though, and that's why this project really appealed to me. Right now, us devs are working hard to get this project up and rolling.

So feel free to introduce yourselves here. If you feel like you can help us out, feel free to apply. Right now all positions are open.

Thanks for stopping by Smile
    MrBackpack
    MrBackpack

Introduce Yourselves! Empty Re: Introduce Yourselves!

Post  MrBackpack Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:42 pm

I guess I'll be second to introduce myself.

I'm MrBackpack: Texan, gun nut, gamer, and writer/reader

I have a BA in English and love music and have been looking for something to do for quite some time.

I play, in a slightly okay sense of the term, a couple of instruments: the flute and the bass guitar.

I am an avid fanfiction writer/reader and brony.
    notop
    notop

Post  notop Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:42 pm

I wanna go next!!!

MrBackpack wrote:I have a BA in English and love music and have been looking for something to do for quite some time.
    *is intimidated by that degree in English*

Ehem...

I'm notop, I'm from Tennessee and I'm not actually a redneck. I have no discernible accent that would lead you to believe I'm from the South.

I thoroughly enjoy music, I'm a percussionist in my school's band. I can play almost any kind of percussive instrument, I'm attempting to teach myself piano, and I know a very small amount of cello.

I also like long walks on the beach, candlelight dinners... No, I'm kidding.

I am excited about this project, since I love both music and VNs. I hope to do what I can to help it along!
    Zarich
    Zarich

Post  Zarich Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:20 pm

Psh, I was going to go for the guy with a lot of posts but doesn't talk to the public but. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ .

I'm Zarich, the guy who posted the original idea.

I play five instruments. Piano, Violin, Clarinet, Bass Guitar and Mandolin but I'm also thinking of taking up regular guitar, The Mndocello (Cello is to Violin as Mandocello is to Mandolin), and possibly some flutes.

I can't really say what I am in terms of personality. The closest base personality I can describe is the mix of a pirate and a chivalrous knight.

I listen to a lot of music, mainly in the Heavy Metal genre but I also have a huge CD and Digital collection of Folk (celtic, Neofolk), Classical (and Opera), Swing (20s and 90s revival) and J-pop (my second favorite genre).

Due to me having a lot of free-time, I will be on just about 24/7 as I go to sleep at around 3 o'clock in the morning everyday.

This is the reason why I wanted to be the silent person, once I talk (well, online), I just don't stop. Again, ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

Exbo
    Exbo

Post  Exbo Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:00 pm

I'm fairly interested in this, a music school?
    I'm in my school's band, as a Tenor Sax, and play the piano.. Hoping for a guitar.
    I'll definitely see how this will work out, I'm interested in helping, but I'm not sure what I will be of help.
    XD.
    CaptainErsatz
    CaptainErsatz

Post  CaptainErsatz Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:10 pm

Word up, I'm CaptainErsatz. Musician from Washington.
    When I saw this project on the Missing Stars forums I knew I HAD to jump on it. I'm very much looking forward to it's completion Very Happy

As far as instruments I play (I figure that's sort of relevant), I play drums, piano, guitar, bass, and I sing. The music I play is very much electronic based and entirely made on the computer.

There isn't too much about myself but I look forward to good times on this forum Wink
    turbulentDuvet
    turbulentDuvet

Post  turbulentDuvet Sat May 05, 2012 3:49 am

Merry morrow to all my creative collaborators, and asks for letting me into your team, I hope to learn a lot through this project and can't wait to get my teeth into it:)

As you can see I'm turbulentDuvet, a name chosen after great deliberation to inspire various mental images, mostly because I'm at my most creative when I should be sleeping, but it can also have more *ahem* mature connotations if your mind is inclined that way P:

The initial premise of the project appeals to me on many levels, being a romantic at heart and a fan of music in all it's flavours and colours.

I'm an engineer by trade and a huge sci-fi fan, slowly teaching myself computer science with an interest in creating educational software in the future. My musical background is a bit of a mixed bag, having been an active bass vocalist within my schools choir when I was younger, and having a small ability with the piano and violin.

Boccherini is one of my favourite composers as far as classical music goes, and Gabriel Faures Requiem will always have a special place in my heart as it was a key part in how I fell in love for the first time^^;

Looking very forward to contributing to what I know will be an excellent collection of tales, and hope that my emotion and passion come through my writing bounce oh and did I mention energy LOTS OF ENERGY!
    Tom Lyon
    Tom Lyon

Post  Tom Lyon Mon May 21, 2012 10:06 pm

I'm Tom. I saw this on Missing Stars' forum and it seems very interesting.

Since everyone else is listing instruments, I play the violin, viola, and ocarina. (Though adding the ocarina was a bit generous.)

I would offer my help with the project, but I'm a terrible artist and I can't compose. And I think 6 writers is enough. I could spread public awareness.
    Waytfm
    Waytfm
    Admin

Post  Waytfm Mon May 21, 2012 10:59 pm

It's always nice to just have fans. However, if you do feel like you could contribute to the project in any way, feel free to apply.
    ILY
    ILY

Post  ILY Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:08 pm

Hmm, lets see...
    I'm bad at introductions
    I (afaik) have no skills that would help with your project, but will definitely follow the development.

And most importantly, I am offended by the fact that you have a pig emote, but no cow emote. Mad

Short and not so sweet~
    Waytfm
    Waytfm
    Admin

Post  Waytfm Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:52 pm

Nice to see you over here, ILY. It's a little slow for non-devs right now, but we might have something to announce before too long, hopefully.

notop
    notop

Post  notop Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:38 pm

ILY!!! Yaaaay!!! Now it's a party! Razz
    ILY
    ILY

Post  ILY Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:50 pm

Waytfm wrote:Nice to see you over here, ILY. It's a little slow for non-devs right now, but we might have something to announce before too long, hopefully.

No worries here
    You can't rush genius Smile

notop wrote:ILY!!! Yaaaay!!! Now it's a party! Razz

Introduce Yourselves! DQmyk
    notop
    notop

Post  notop Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:46 pm

*looks up*

Seems legit.
    scopedknife
    scopedknife

Post  scopedknife Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:34 am

Sup. I'm scopedknife, it's plausible that a handful of y'alls might recognise me from various other places, namely Missing Stars forums/irc etc. I am an avid fan of most forms of art/media, and of these I am most proficient in music.
    I'm an experienced trombonist, played with school marching/concert band (Assisstand Band Captain), big band, orchestra, jazz ensemble (10 piece, 5 piece), brass ensemble (10 piece, 4 piece) and with some ska and rock bands briefly. I'm also a vocalist, and can play drums and bass too. I know my way around a keyboard, and the recorder, but I wouldn't say I really play either. Anyways, I mention all this as I'm considering applying for a music position on this project... don't quote me on that though ^^"
    At the very least I'll check back here from time to time to see how things are going. Pleased to meet you all! :3
    Waytfm
    Waytfm
    Admin

Post  Waytfm Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:02 pm

Hey scoped. Good to see you here. Although you make me feel inadequate as a trombonist :/
    scopedknife
    scopedknife

Post  scopedknife Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:28 pm

I wasn't even aware another trombonist existed on the internet until you, so I'm glad to hear you play at all! Anyway, it comes with time. Play for 11 years and you'll be as good as me, simple really xD
    So I'm thinking of putting some tracks together for an application to work on the music for Con Amore - what sort of stuff should I do? Did you mention classical and jazz type stuff on CaptainErsatz's application?
    Waytfm
    Waytfm
    Admin

Post  Waytfm Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:42 pm

11 years huh? Four more years to go then, I guess Razz

As for applying, classical and jazz are both fine. I don't think I'm too picky about what genre's the tracks are. It's set in an Italian music university, so the style might lean towards classical overall, but other genres, like jazz, should definitely be there as well.

Really, as long as it's good and suitable for a VN, I'm not too picky about what genre it is.

I hope you do end up applying. I'm certainly looking forward to it.
    turbulentDuvet
    turbulentDuvet

Post  turbulentDuvet Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:14 pm

Welcome to the mad house!

If you are taking requests, Raphsody in Blue would be awesome :3
    scopedknife
    scopedknife

Post  scopedknife Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:38 pm

I think I might start a little simpler than that I'm afraid, Duvet. I haven't composed/arranged an awful lot of Jazz in my time, and going full Gershwin Jazz orchestra right off the bat might be jumping in the deep end a bit, but maybe I can simplify an arrangement in the future Wink

Anyway I'll get on with some VN inspired arrangements soon, hopefully using a mix of live recording and MIDI input ^^
    ILY
    ILY

Post  ILY Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:40 pm

I demand Flight of the Bumblebee played three times as fast as the original song!
    scopedknife
    scopedknife

Post  scopedknife Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:06 pm

ILY wrote:I demand Flight of the Bumblebee played three times as fast as the original song!

Here you go ILY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHkX0URELfQ

EDIT: Skip to 5:41
    ILY
    ILY

Post  ILY Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:13 pm

ILY wrote:I demand Flight of the Bumblebee played three times as fast as the original song!

Yay

Now we take step two: You doing it on the trombone

I believe in you!!!
    Waytfm
    Waytfm
    Admin

Post  Waytfm Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:37 pm

ILY wrote:

Yay

Now we take step two: You doing it on the trombone

I believe in you!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=GFbSHWBjuuQ

good luck.
    scopedknife
    scopedknife

Post  scopedknife Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:48 pm

Shocked Ok I'm good... but I'm not that good No

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:22 pm